Jesus Walks In Words Custom Search

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sabbath Day New Testament

Perhaps you’ve heard about the Sabbath Day New Testament style? It’s been changed they say.

Has it?

It’s always best to allow Scripture to interpret Scripture rather than some other leading authority that claims to have all the answers. As such, the question becomes, does Scripture have an answer for the Sabbath Day Truth?

The Sabbath Day Truth



I’ve had this following verse quoted to me many times.

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

I completely agree with this verse. However, where does this verse then say that we are free to change the Sabbath day simply because it was created for us? While I can’t find that I do find verses that say

Daniel 7:25
He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time.

When in these debates I will often be handed this Scripture at some point.

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.

Again I agree. However, does it say anywhere that Jesus changed the Sabbath? Not that I can see. Yes, He does remove it from being a burden but never once suggests that it is therefore not necessary to follow what has been established.

Actually, Jesus says quite the opposite about this point.

John 14:15
If you love me, you will obey what I command.

This is often where I am reminded that the ten commandments (Sabbath included) were nailed to the cross on Calvary.

Really?

Exodus 20:6
but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Do the math. A generation is about 20 years. We haven’t even gotten close to 1000 generations yet which leaves intact the Sabbath Day bible principal just as it has always been.

Especially when you add this following verse to the equation of the Sabbath day truth.

Revelation 12:17
Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

We all agree that we have an adversary. What we often don’t see is the two points He uses to determine if we need to be opposed. We are quick to cling to the “testimony of Jesus” in most situations but what about obeying God’s commandments?

Bottom line: Sabbath Day New Testament style only compliments what has been written previously rather than replacing or changing it in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment