Jesus Walks In Words Custom Search

Friday, March 12, 2010

Jewish Sabbath Day

I remember when.

I remember when I started wondering about the Jewish Sabbath Day.

I remember when I started wondering if this was something I should recognize.

I remember when I asked my Senior Pastor about the Sabbath.

His response? I should not be studying with Seventh Day Adventist.

It’s unclear to me how he came to think I was studying with Adventist. After all, I could have been studying with Messianic Jewish. Seventh Day Adventist people are not the only one’s that recognize Saturday as the Sabbath Day.

Jewish Sabbath Time



And so I asked him again.

This time he pointed me to

Colossians 2:16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

First, I was not “judging.”

Second, if you do research on the above verse you will find that it is not talking about the seventh day Sabbath but rather other Sabbath’s like the Jewish Sabbath year or Jewish Sabbath time, which is an entirely different conversation.

Ten Commandments Sabbath



Exodus 20:8-11
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
Even when I show people this verse above I often hear them say.

But how can you tell when the seventh day is? Hasn’t the calendar been changed?
Simply put, yes. But the day itself has never been changed from the beginning of time. Take a look at most any calendar and you will find even today that Saturday is clearly identified as the seventh day.

There is an exception in this calendar concept, which comes from the newer structure that the European system is attempting to get put into place, which will make Sunday the seventh day instead.

Wait.

Wasn’t it from within the European nations that Constantine, who changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday originated? Interesting how things work together through time.

Christian Sabbath Day



So when a Christian tells you that worshiping on Saturday as the Sabbath is for the Jewish. Seventh Day Adventist are thus off base with their thinking.
Ask them a simple question.

“Show Me”

Directly, and specifically, from God’s Word have them prove their claim. I’m so convinced of what the Bible says that I would be more than willing to pay anyone that is able to do this $1000. To date, I’ve never once had to let go of a single red cent. This in and of itself should be very telling to anyone that is truly wanting to follow what God’s Word says about Sabbath keeping and the Jewish Sabbath Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment